Sunday, July 15, 2018

Blog name change

Mormon Village is now Latter-Day Templar!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. I have had this blog for 5 years now!

So much has happened in 5 years. I remember starting this blog as a way of providing a balance to what I saw as some pretty poor quality "Mormon blogs" that were out there. (That hasn't changed, there are still some real bad blogs out there.)

But plenty of other things have changed over these past few years, so much so I think the word "insane" is apropos. Things don't even appear the way they were when I started this blog. The explosion of the social justice warrior, pronouns, same-sex marriage, legal marijuana, it goes on and on.

Which is what has led me to the change in name, and also change in purpose, of this blog.

The predictions of years past that a day would come when members of the church were going to need to stand tall is here. The overwhelming feeling I get from our society is one of coming doom. People in general not only don't seem to care about religion anymore, but they have no clue what it means to read the Bible and live a Christian life.

Hence the change in name of this blog. Latter-Day Templar reminds me more and more that we need to stand tall and defend the Church and what it means to be a follower of Christ. To be Templars you could say.

No one can do it better than us, we've proven that.

I hope you enjoy the blog, I think over the past 5 years I have posted quite of bit of helpful information, and please leave a comment if you feel so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment