Sunday, May 8, 2016

Does the LDS church have a policy about going to bullfights?

El Rejoneo (bullfighting on horseback) Sevilla, Spain

(photo by Maurice Berho, Seville, Spain, April 10, 2016)

I only ask the question because honestly I don't know. I went on my mission to Chile where bullfights are not held so it wasn't an issue.

However in France, Portugal, Spain, Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru bullfights are held and are still quite popular especially in Spain, France, and Mexico. So I wondered what the church's policy is, if any, in those countries.

Are the missionaries forbidden from going to a bullfight?

(I have a friend that went to Rome on his mission and they were allowed to go to one professional soccer game during their mission.)

Is it an issue for members in those countries?

If you have any information leave me a comment. I would love to know. (I did a Google search on the subject but came back with nothing.)

Thanks.

Juan del Alamo, plaza de toros Las Ventas, Madrid, May 17th, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment