Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Let Us All Press On

 

The other night while laying in bed before I drifted off to sleep I was on YouTube going through and watching some of the wonderful videos of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It isn't something I do every day but for some reason I felt I needed an escape from the insanity of our present day, blame it on our government I suppose and their constant need to spend money they don't have.

(Any of us, myself included, that has spent money we don't have knows the pain of trying to correct the problem later on down the road. I'm afraid the writing is on the wall for our government and our future economy and the words are not encouraging.)

Anyway, this selection by the Choir seemed to jump out and speak to me. Especially a line or two from the final verse.

"If we do what's right we have no need to fear,
For the Lord, our helper, will ever be near;

In the days of trial his Saints he will cheer,
And prosper the cause of truth."

That struck me, "his Saints he will cheer".

Do you think it is possible? In times of trial which we certainly are now and what will certainly get worse, is it possible to be cheerful?

I certainly hope so, I think we could all use some cheer, myself especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment